Advanced Technical Certificate
The Vascular Sonography program is designed for individuals who are currently certified in sonography (ARDMS or ARRT) or Echocardiography (ARDMS or CCI) and hold an eligible degree from a regionally accredited institution. Students completing this advanced technical certificate will gain knowledge and skills toward elibigility for the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) vascular technology exam and employment opportunities as credential vascular technologists. With the exception of lab and clinical practicums, this is an online program.
Admission requirements for the Advanced Technical Certificate in Vascular Sonography are:
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Review the current Vascular Sonography Program Guide.
- Submit a completed Valencia Application for Admission using the Bachelor's Degree/Advanced Technical Certificate application, and be in Active Student Status.
- Have an address in the State of Florida.
Submit to Valencia’s admissions office an official transcript that indicates you have earned an associate degree, or higher, from a regionally accredited institution in Cardiovascular Technology, Sonography, Nursing, Radiography, or Respiratory Care. Students who hold the appropriate professional certification and any Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree, or higher from a regionally accredited institution in any other field may also be considered for admission.
Following your admission to Valencia as a candidate for the Vascular Sonography Program, submit the Health Sciences Program Application for the Vascular Sonography Program with a copy of your current professional
credential for Sonography: ARDMS for General or Cardiac sonography (RDMS or RDCS); ARRT, Sonography (S); or CCI for Cardiac Sonography (RCS); employment documentation, if applicable; and the application fee.
Your official transcript must reflect graduation with your eligible degree within the year prior to program application OR you must submit documentation of employment within the year prior to program application in diagnostic imaging OR you must complete RTE 3116 Advanced Patient Care prior to taking SON 3173 Vascular Sonography II.
Vascular Sonographers may be employed by:
- Private practices
- Vascular labs
- Vascular surgeon office's vein centers
- Research participaants
Salary & Earnings Information
For salary and wage information, visit: www.salary.com or www.smart-college-choices.com
For additional information, visit our website at: https://net1.valenciacollege.edu/future-students/degree-options/advanced-technical-certificates/
For more information about the program or admission requirements, please email AlliedHealthBS.ATC@valenciacollege.edu.
- Be prepared as competent entry-level vascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Perform effective communication skills within the healthcare environment
- Provide a safe environment in the healthcare setting
- Practice professional behaviors in a healthcare setting
- Execute safe clinical decision making in medical imaging
|Summer Term||Credit Hours|
|SON 3172C||INTRODUCTION TO VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY||3|
|SON 3173||VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY II||3|
|SON 3806L||VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY PRACTICUM I||2|
|SON 4174||VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY III||2|
|SON 4816L||VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY PRACTICUM II||2|
|Total Credit Hours||12|