University of Central Florida Partnerships
DirectConnect to UCF (Guaranteed* Entry to the University of Central Florida)
Valencia has joined with the University of Central Florida (UCF) in a unique agreement, known as DirectConnect to UCF, that provides students with increased access to Bachelor’s degrees. Students who graduate with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or an articulated Associate in Science (A.S.) degree from Valencia will receive:
- Guaranteed admission to UCF.*
- Increased opportunity to complete a Bachelor’s degree on a Valencia campus.
- Consideration for admission to limited access Bachelor’s degree programs with native UCF students.
- Access to the Pathway – step-by-step guidance on the transfer to UCF. Students may experience a more cost effective and shorter time to degree completion.
Advising, admissions, and financial aid services, as well as other academic support services, are available from UCF staff on Valencia’s East, Osceola, and West campuses.
To participate in the DirectConnect to UCF program:
- On the Valencia Application for Admission or on a Student Record Information Form in any campus Answer Center, indicate your intention to complete a bachelor’s degree at UCF.
- Go to floridashines.org to conduct a two-plus-two degree audit for the associate degree you are seeking at Valencia and the bachelor’s degree you plan to seek at UCF so that you can determine the courses you need to complete both degrees.
- Go to My Education Plan in Atlas (My LifeMap Tools) to develop a specific education plan to complete the associate’s degree at Valencia.
- Meet with a Valencia Advisor and DirectConnect Coordinator to review your plans and obtain additional information on how to prepare to complete the associate and bachelor’s degrees.
- Apply to the University of Central Florida once you have earned 45 college credits toward your degree requirements from Valencia.
For additional information and to sign up for DirectConnect to UCF, visit: www.DirectConnecttoUCF.com
To review the Bachelor’s degree programs available at the UCF Regional Campuses, visit: www.regionalcampuses.ucf.edu
* Consistent with university policy