Advanced Technical Certificate
Limited-Access (CIP # 0351090767)
The Computed Tomography (CT) Program is designed for individuals who are currently certified in Radiography (ARRT), Radiation Therapy (ARRT), or Nuclear Medicine Technology (AART or NMTCB) and hold an eligible college degree. Program content follows the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) curriculum to prepare program completers for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination in Computed Tomography. Completion of this certificate program does not insure permission to take the credentialing examination.
With the exception of the course RTE 4942L Practicum, program courses are offered online.
Computed Tomography is a limited-access program. Admission to Valencia does not imply acceptance to the Computed Tomography program. Students must submit a program application and be accepted to the program.
Admission requirements for the Advanced Technical Certificate in Computed Tomography are:
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Review the current Computed Tomography Program Guide.
- Submit a completed Valencia Application for Admission using the Bachelor's Degree/Advanced Technical Certificate application, and be in Active Student Status.
- Have a physical address in the State of Florida
- Submit to Valencia's Admissions Office an official transcript that indicates that you have earned an Associate degree or higher in Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine Technology from a regionally accredited institution. Students who hold the appropriate professional certification and any Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree, or higher from a regionally accredited institution in any other field may also be considered for admission.
- Submit verification of graduation with the minimum of an Associate Degree in Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine Technology within the year prior to program application OR submit documentation of employment within the year prior to program application in the area of certification for one of the three modalities OR complete RTE 3116 Advanced Patient Care prior to taking RTE 4942L CT Practicum
- Following your admission to Valencia as a candidate for the Computed Tomography Program, submit a Health Sciences Program Application for the CT Program with a copy of your current certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) for Radiography or Radiation Therapy (AART), or Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMTCB) or equivalent certification; employment documentation, if applicable; and application fee
Computed Tomography (CT)
- CT Technologist
Salary & Earnings Information
For salary and wage information, visit: www.salary.com
For additional information, visit our website at: https://net1.valenciacollege.edu/future-students/degree-options/advanced-technical-certificates/
For more information about the program or admission requirements, please email AlliedHealthBS.ATC@valenciacollege.edu.
- Perform entry level skills competently as described by the scope of practice for computed tomography.
- Perform effective communication skills within the healthcare environment.
- Practice professional behaviors in the healthcare setting.
- Execute safe clinical decision making in medical imaging.
|RTE 3765||ANATOMY FOR THE MEDICAL IMAGER +*||3|
|RTE 3590||COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY +*||3|
|RTE 4942L||CT PRACTICUM +*||3|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
This course must be completed with a grade of C or better.
This course has a prerequisite; check description in Valencia catalog.
Prior to enrollment in a clinical practice, students must provide the specific documentation including but not limited to the following:
- Current criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Drug screening
- Physical exam form
- Record with up-to-date immunization data
This is a West Campus program.
Specialized courses are not offered every session.
Students who are eligible to enroll in the B.S. in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences can apply this certificate as their chosen concentration in fulfillment of graduation requirements.