Leadership In Healthcare
Advanced Technical Certificate
The Leadership in Healthcare Program is designed for working professionals who have completed an Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree, or higher in an approved Allied Health profession or Nursing. It provides specialized course work for those aspiring to, or already in, leadership positions within their respective health professions. Students completing this certificate will gain knowledge and skills related to healthcare administrative and supervisory duties which will enable them to effectively perform leadership roles within healthcare. This is an online program.
Leadership in Healthcare is a limited access program. Admission to Valencia does not imply acceptance to the Leadership in Healthcare program. Students must submit a program application and be accepted to the program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Review the current Leadership in Healthcare Program Guide at http://valenciacollege.edu/west/health/admissionupdates.cfm.
- Submit a completed Valencia Application for Admission using the Bachelor's Degree/Advanced Technical Certificate application, and be in Active Student Status
- Have an address in the State of Florida
- Submit to Valencia's Admissions Office an official transcript that indicates that you have earned an Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree, or higher, in Cardiovascular Technology, Dental Hygiene, Sonography, Emergency Medical Services, Health Information Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Nursing, Radiation Therapy, Radiography, or Respiratory Care from a regionally accredited institution
- Following your admission to Valencia as a candidate for the Leadership in Healthcare Program, submit the Health Sciences Program Application for the Leadership in Healthcare Program.
- Medical Office Supervisor/ Manager
- Department Supervisor
Salary and Earnings Information
For salary and wage information, visit: www.salary.com
For additional information, visit our website at: https://net1.valenciacollege.edu/future-students/degree-options/advanced-technical-certificates/
For more information about the program or admission requirements, please email AlliedHealthBS.ATC@valenciacollege.edu.
- Perform effective communication skills within the healthcare environment
- Apply leadership theory and management tools to interpersonal relationships within the healthcare environment.
|HSA 4184||LEADERSHIP IN HEALTHCARE +||3|
|HSC 4640||HEALTH LAW AND COMPLIANCE +||3|
|HSA 4341||CONFLICT MANAGEMENT IN HEALTH CARE +||3|
|HSA 4110||ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR +||3|
|RTE 3205||ADMINISTRATION AND SUPERVISION +||3|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
This course must be completed with a grade of C or better.
This course has a prerequisite; check description in Valencia catalog.
This is a West Campus program.
Specialized courses are not offered every session.
Students who are eligible to enroll in the B.S. in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences can apply this certificate as their chosen concentration in fulfillment of graduation requirements.