Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Advanced Technical Certificate
Limited-Access (CIP #0351090767)
The Magnetic Resonsance Imaging (MRI) Program is designed for individuals who are currently certified in Radiography (ARRT) or Radiation Therapy (ARRT) or Nuclear Medicine Technology (ARRT or NMTCB) or Sonography (ARRT or ARDMS), and hold an eligible degree. Program content follows the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) curriculum to prepare program completers to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination in Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Completion of this certificate program does not insure permission to take the credentialing examination.
With the exception of the course RTE 4943L MRI Practicum, program courses are offered online.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a limited-access program. Admission to Valencia does not imply acceptance to the Magnetic Resonance Imaging program. Students must submit a program application and be accepted to the program.
Admission requirements for the Advanced Technical Certificate in Magnetic Resonance Imaging are:
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Review the current Magnetic Resonance Imaging Program Guide.
- Submit a completed Valencia Application for Admission using the Bachelor's Degree/Advanced Technical Certificate application, and be in Active Student Status
- Must have an address in the State of Florida
- Submit to Valencia's Admissions Office an official transcript that indicates you have earned an Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree, or higher, in Radiography or Sonography, or Nuclear Medicine or Radiation Therapy from a regionally accredited institution. Students who hold the appropriate professional certification and an Associate in Science degree, or Associate in Applied Science or higher from a regionally accredited institution in any other field may also be considered for admission.
- Submit verification of graduation with the minimum of an Associate Degree in Radiography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nuclear Medicine Technology, or Radiation Therapy within the year prior to program application OR submit documentation of employment within the year prior to program application in the area of certification for one of the four modalities OR complete RTE 3116 Advanced Patient Care prior to taking RTE 4943L Practicum
- Following your admission to Valencia as a candidate for the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Program, submit a Health Sciences Program Application for the MRI Program with a copy of your current certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART), American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or equivalent certification; employment documentation, if applicable; and application fee
- MRI Technologist
Salary & Earnings Information
For salary and wage information, visit: www.salary.com
For additional information, visit our website at: https://net1.valenciacollege.edu/future-students/degree-options/advanced-technical-certificates/
For more information about the program or admission requirements, please email AlliedHealthBS.ATC@valenciacollege.edu.
- Perform entry level skills competently as described by the scope of practice for magnetic resonance imaging.
- Perform effective communication skills within the healthcare environment.
- Practice professional behaviors in the healthcare setting.
- Execute safe clinical decision making in medical imaging.
|RTE 3765||ANATOMY FOR THE MEDICAL IMAGER +*||3|
|RTE 3591||MRI PRINCIPLES AND INSTRUMENTATION +*||3|
|RTE 3592||MR IMAGING AND PROCEDURES +*||3|
|RTE 4943L||MRI PRACTICUM +*||3|
|RTE 3593C||ADVANCED MRI PROCEDURES +*||3|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
This course must be completed with a grade of C or better.
This course has a prerequisite; check description in Valencia catalog.
Prior to enrollment in a clinical practice, students must provide the specific documentation including but not limited to the following:
- Current criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Drug screening
- Physical exam form
- Record with up-to-date immunization data
This is a West Campus program.
Specialized courses are not offered every session.
Students who are eligible to enroll in the B.S. in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences can apply this certificate as their chosen concentration in fulfillment of graduation requirements.