Work Study Programs

Federal College Work Study

This is a federal work program for students with financial need. You may be employed on a Valencia campus or as a reading tutor in a local public school. As a work-study employee, you may work up to 20 hours per week and earn at least minimum wage – up to the amount of your financial need.

How will I receive a job assignment?

If you have been awarded Federal Work Study and if you wish to be considered for an on-campus job, you must accept work study on your award letter in Atlas. Follow the steps outlined on the award letter. You will be able to apply for Federal Work Study positions on the Valencia Financial Aid website and if hired for a position, your supervisor will have you meet with a Financial Aid Specialist to complete the remaining documents. You will need to bring your Social Security Card and proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S. with you when meeting with Human Resources during the hiring process.  All work study employees are required to complete a background check and drug test prior to working.

How will I receive payment for my Federal Work Study Award?

Federal Work Study is an opportunity to work and build work experience. You will receive a paycheck from Valencia’s Payroll Department every two weeks based on the time sheet you and your supervisor submit. You will receive a packet of information about the payroll process when your hiring documents are completed.

Institutional Work Study

Various campus departments and laboratories have funding to hire students as part-time employees. You should inquire in the departments about any available openings.