Advanced Technical Certificate
The Mammography Program is designed for individuals who are currently certified in Radiography (AART) and hold an eligible college degree from a regionally accredited institution. Students completing this certificate will gain knowledge and skills toward eligibility for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) post-primary certification exam in Mammography and toward employment opportunities as certified Mammographers. With the exception of the clinical practicum, this is an online program.
Mammography is a limited access program. Admission to Valencia does not imply acceptance to the Mammography program. Students must submit a program application and be accepted to the program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Review the current Mammography Program Guide at http://valenciacollege.edu/west/health/admissionupdates.cfm
- Submit a completed Valencia Application for Admission using the Bachelor's Degree/Advanced Technical Certificate application, pay the non-refundable application fee, and be in Active Student Status.
- Have an address in the State of Florida
- Submit to Valencia's Admissions Office an official transcript that indicates that you have earned an Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree or higher, in Radiography from a regionally accredited institution. Students who hold the appropriate professional certification and an Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in any other field may also be considered for admission.
- Submit verification of graduation with the minimum of an Associate Degree in Radiography within the year prior to program application OR submit documentation of employment within the year prior to program application in the area of certification OR complete RTE 3116 Advanced Patient Care prior to taking RTE 4941L Practicum
- Following your admission to Valencia as a candidate for the Mammography Program, submit the Health Sciences Program Application for the Mammography Program with a copy of your current professional credential for Radiography (ARRT) and the application fee
- Radiologic Technologist - Mammography
- Mammography Technologist
Salary and Earnings Information
For additional information, visit our website at: http://net1.valenciacollege.edu/future-students/degree-options/bachelors/
For more information about the program or admission requirements, please contact Julia Ribley, Program Advisor, at email@example.com or 407-582-1898.
- Practice professional behaviors in the healthcare setting.
- Collaborate with other professionals to accomplish a common goal.
- Apply principles of professional ethics during clinical practice.
- Perform advanced level skills as described by the scope of practice for a selected clinical concentration (CT, MRI, or QM)
- Perform procedures according to standards of quality practice
- Provide effective patient care in the clinical setting.
- Execute safe clinical decision making in medical imaging.
- Observe appropriate safety measures during performance of clinical procedures.
|RTE 3588||MAMMOGRAPHY +*||3|
|RTE 4474||QUALITY MANAGEMENT +*||3|
|RTE 4941L||PRACTICUM +*||3|
|Total Credit Hours||9|
This course must be completed with a grade of C or better.
This course has a prerequisite; check description in Valencia catalog.
Prior to enrollment in a clinical practice, students must provide the specific documentation including but not limited to the following:
- Current criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Drug screening
- Physical exam form
- Record with up-to-date immunization data
This is a West Campus program.
Specialized courses are not offered every session.
Students who are eligible to enroll in the B.S. in Radiologic and Imaging Sciences can apply this certificate as their chosen concentration in fulfillment of graduation requirements.