As a student financial aid consumer,
You have the right to:
- Be informed about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available and renewal requirements.
- Have confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Request a review of decisions made by the Valencia College financial aid staff. A letter explaining your situation in detail should be submitted to the Director of Financial Aid.
You have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from Financial Aid and other financial aid agencies by e-mail and/or letter; keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid program(s).
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Register for the appropriate number of credits and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Request personal assistance if you have questions or do not understand the information provided to you.
- Register for courses that count toward your degree or certificate.