Advanced Technical Certificate
This program provides advanced instruction in confectionery artistry. The program prepares you to go into a specialized career within the culinary industry. It will provide instruction in complex decorating techniques; figure sculpting, sugar flowers, color theory and design as pertaining to entremets and cakes. A student will learn to create and execute celebration, wedding, and 3-D sculpted cakes. Students will also learn the fundamentals of costing and managing a cake business.
- Students must have one of the following:
- Earned A.S. degree in Baking and Pastry (minimum)
- Industry experience of two years in the pastry field
- Submit a completed Valencia Application for Admission, and be in Active Student Status.
- Following your admission to Valencia, submit the Cake Artistry Application.
- Lead decorator
- Assistant Pastry Chef
- Assistant Cake Manager
- Pastry Chef
Salary and Earnings Information
For salary and wage information, visit: www.salary.com
A variety of exciting career choices are available in Central Florida’s flourishing theme parks, resorts, restaurants and other owner operator dining establishments. Excellent career opportunities are also available in catering and banquet services.
Contact the Career Program Advisor below for more information.
Kenneth Bourgoin, Program Chair, West Campus: 407-582-1915
Jen Bhagirath, Career Program Advisor, West Campus: 407-582-1719
- Experience different advanced and trending cake decorating techniques
- Identify procedures in building various cake structures
- Differentiate various enrobing procedures
- integrate business principles into cake design
|Term 1||Credit Hours|
|FSS 2080C||COMPLEX CAKE DECORATING||3|
|FSS 2083C||SUGAR, SCULPTING, AND STRING WORK||3|
|FSS 2081C||ADVANCED CAKE DECORATING||3|
|FSS 2082C||SPECIALTY CAKES||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12|